Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 43

It was 8 weeks ago today that I broke my leg and 7 weeks ago that I had my surgery. I thought for sure that I would beat the odds and be back by now but I guess I was wrong. I am doing better and better every day but my range of motion is not what is should be and I am still swelling and getting pain when I walk. The physical therapy is helping a ton. Today I insisted that she measure my point again. If you recall on Monday she measured my foot and the one was a 63 degree and she said that was great. The norm is 65 but my good foot pointed is 89 so I knew that I had a long way to go. Today I measured at 70 with a little pushing from the PT. Not bad for only a week.

I started my day in physical therapy and then went to the gym for a workout and a swim. After leaving the gym, my son called to tell me he just bought a townhouse.Talk about getting in under the wire. Today was the last day for the $8000.00 rebate. The contract had to be signed by today. Now he has to close by June 30th. They are growing up so fast. Now I have two homeowners.

I came home and got ready to go to my Relay For Life in Port Orange FL. A PartyLite Team was there and I sang to the survivors. They brought all of the survivors up on this huge amphitheater stage and I sang "You Raise Me Up" to all of them. It went really well. You know how at times you think you have problems and then you are put into someone elses world and realize you have no problems. Here is something I heard and will never forget:

If everyone put all of their problems in a pile and you had to choose one, you would pick your own.

Tomorrow, dance competition and maybe seeing Hair in Tampa. I have 3 friends that are in it. Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment