Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 21

Hard to believe that I have been writing this for 3 weeks now, surgery 4 weeks ago and injury 5 weeks. So remember that I said my surgeon called and wanted to go back in and put a longer screw in on him? Well the HIM part was only him. The surgery center called and told me what my copay would be then the anesthesia people called with their copay and so I called the doctor and said "WHAT UP"? Well I really didn't say what up, more like "I thought this was free"? So we discussed this further and the re surgery was more for him to be a perfectionist that it was for my healing. I will still heal the same but instead of the screw being in my bone 100% it is in there 94%. I will still heal the same and I don't have to take sponge baths for two more weeks. I can continue moving my foot and not have to get drugged up and be waited on. Okay when I am typing this I realize that maybe I should have done it.

Today was gym, swim and meet with the Winter Garden Theater for my upcoming 50th Birthday Show. I really want this to be good and after the meeting today I know I have a lot of work ahead of me.

I was asked to be the DJ tonight at my friend Amy T's parents 50th wedding anniversary surprise party. It was fun. I sat in the back and took in a wonderful evening. I got to talk with Hannah and Jim and Amy's kids are just so darn cute.

Came home and got caught up on American idol. What a boring season this is. I can tell you the last three will be Big Mike, Crystal Dreadlocks, and Sabaen Weird Girl. Where are the personalities. I think I will wait to read it in the newspaper. I watched Ugly Betty and the previews said next week is the last episode. How sad. It is a great show. We need to bring it back. Let's all start a campaign to bring back Betty.

So now I am off to bed. I am still having anxiety over not having the surgery over a few co pays, but I have to believe that I made the right decision. Was I foolish? Let's ask WC Fields?

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.
W.C. Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment