Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 20

So I was brave today. My leg felt good and my foot motion was great so I decided that I would drive myself to the gym. So I had Kyle move my truck out of the driveway because I wanted to drive the mustang. It has easier breaks to push. So Kyle left, I got my stuff in the car and turned the key and ..........................dead battery. Well I could not move around enough to jump the car so I thought I would take the truck. NO KEYS. Kyle took them with him. So I called my neighbor Tom to come over and jump me.....well not me....the car. We got it started and.....................no gas. It said 7 miles to empty. Well the gym is 7 miles and there is a gas station on the way so I attempted the drive. Not bad at all. I did not have to left foot break. I stopped and got gas and a guy from the last nights baseball game pulled up to get gas behind me. I recognized him but he just thought I was a weirdo when I mentioned I saw him play last night.

After working out I swam at the YMCA and did 14 laps. Not bad. When I got home I went outside to mend to my lawn. I have huge oak trees and for the first time since we moved here, the trees dropped thousands of acorns.....this year only. Anyway over the winter months the ground is soft, the acorns migrate into the ground and you guessed it, mini trees are sprouting up all over the place. So I crawled around my front lawn on my knees pulling up tree sprouts. Now you must get the acorn to come out of the ground so you have to be very careful. I must have pulled up 2oo or more.

Watched an episode of Ugly Betty and did bills for the rest of the day. I have so many goals to accomplish while I am out of work and it seems that the time is fleeting. I can't wait to go back to work but I must finish these things. Tomorrow is another day. So now it is time for bed and time for your daily quote:

The ability to concentrate and to use your time well is everything if you want to succeed in business--or almost anywhere else for that matter.
Lee Iacocca

No comments:

Post a Comment