Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 17

So here we are on Easter Sunday, my older kids acting as if they were 10 again so that the excitement of Easter morning would be here for what I trust to be Lexi's last in believing in the bunny part of Easter. She woke up at 7:00 which was way earlier than she did for Christmas. I found that odd but still, we all got up and searched high and low for the Easter baskets. She managed to find hers quickly and stated that the Easter bunny must have been tired because it was not as hard as usual. Kyle and Adam searched high and low for theirs and the eggs that were hidden about. Too funny. When Ryan came Lexi told him where his was so that he did not have to search.

We had a great breakfast that Karen made and got ready for mass. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to sit in church with your wife and all of your kids at the same time. How blessed I am to have such a wonderful family!!!! My boys all wore ties, Lexi and Karen were dressed in pretty dresses, hair curled and jewelry just perfectly matched. I sat there in awe of how blessed I am. Normally, I am either singing at mass or we all go to different services due to schedules. This was fantastic.

We all got home, Karen cooking, Adam helping me outside, Lexi vacuuming, Kyle and Eric helping wherever. We were having 6 people over for dinner and swimming. We heated the pool so that we could swim and then the jacuzzi and sat in for a while. Swimming was great for my leg. I actually got some good cardio out of it. Lexi and her 3 friends put on a pool version of High School Musical 3 and it was hysterical. She directed and starred in the show. I don't know where she gets that from. Must be Karen.

So now the house is quiet, Kyle studying, Karen bathing, Adam with his girl and Lexi in bed and I relish in the sound of silence. As I sit here and write, again I dwell on my blessings and how fortunate I am to live the life I do. Broken leg and all, I thank God for all that I am and all that I have. May you all experience the joy I do every day. Happy Easter:

Happiness depends upon ourselves.
Aristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment