Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 19

What a fun day this was. After taking Lexi to school, Karen and I went to the gym. She does not teach on Tuesdays but while working out, she was asked to teach for someone who could not make it into work. Good thing she was there. After our workout, we drove to Celebration Florida to pick up our taxes. Our tax lady, Mokey, lives there. She is a huge Disney fanatic and does a great job on our taxes.

When we got home, it was a quick shower and then the greatest photographer in Orlando, Jim Harrison, came over to take some pictures of Kyle and myself. I wanted photo's with my beard. Jim wanted to take some pics of my as a cowboy so we went to a field with a broken fence and hopefully got some good shots. He then took some of me in the pool. You see, I shaved my chest for a commercial audition because they wanted a hairless chest, so I thought, while it was shaved, I should take some pictures like that as well. I hate my body without hair. I look like a naked mole rat. Plus I am the whitest man alive. Jim did his magic and the pictures I saw so far look good.

My friend Mark asked if one of my sons could fill in at his softball game and being that Kyle and Adam were working, Ryan jumped at the chance to go. Karen and I went to watch the game. It was so great to see Ryan on the field again. He is happiest playing baseball. I wish he would get his shoulder fixed and go back into the game. You can only nag so much before you have to let them make decisions on their own.

After the game we picked Lexi up from dance school and studied spelling. OMG, her words are so hard. There are 35 of them, 10 that have definitions that you need to know every word correctly in the definition. No paraphrasing. I don't know how they do it. So now I sit in quiet with my thoughts of a great day. It was nice to be somewhere other than my couch. So my thought for the day is this:

Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.
Doug Firebaugh

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a really fun day, Billy. Your mention of Lexi and the spelling words brought back a memory with our younger daughter, Dorrie. She entered the school spelling bee when she was in 5th grade. I helped her study for the big contest. Now you know I am not athletic and not very competitive either, but as I kid I was a champion speller - won my school's bee and went to the county level. So I guess Dorrie could tell this and she knew I was, let's say, investing a little more than I should in her winning. Anyway, I went to the bee at school. She was so nervous. She made it through one round, but on the second, she lost. The word was (I am not making this up) INFERIOR. She was so sad and embarrassed. And I really had to make it clear to her that she was NOT INFERIOR in anyone's eyes, esp not mine. Now we joke about it, but it was one of those big moments in father/daughter history that we will never forget.

    ReplyDelete