Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 22

OMG I almost wish I had the surgery. I am in the lobby of a Sheraton in Fort Lauderdale because tomorrow is Lexi's dance competition. So after the 3 hour drive that should have taken 3 and 1/2 hours but Speedy Mc Speederson AKA Karen was driving, we arrive at the hotel. It looks lovely. We check in and they put us on the second floor and the elevators are right there which is great because I am still on crutches, and we look at the sign for our room and we follow the arrows...............................a full circle that brought us almost all the way around. Not fun. We dump our stuff and turn on the air and go to dinner. Lexi's friends were all going to Sweet Tomato so we thought we would go there. I have never been but my friend Sheila LOVES it. I take a look at the food choices and it is all salad, soup, pizza, pasta and potatoes. No protein, all carbs. What is up with that? So we gave Lexi money and Karen and I went to Longhorns and had a great meal. Back to the hotel, there is a Gospel Revival going on in a small banquet room. Guess where it is located.....no really guess? Right below our room. Singers, drums, screaming, noise and more noise. We get to our room, still hot, and I felt bad that I did not pay because it was like I was there. I call down and they say, "don't worry, it will be over by 11:00" Well it is 8:00 so 3 more hours of Hallelujah. The hotel gave us breakfast for free. They fixed the air and now I get to write.

If I had my surgery, I would be home in my bed with no noise and no 500 little girls running around a hotel. But tomorrow I get to watch my little girl dance her heart out. She really loves this.

Other than going to the gym, swimming 16 laps, going to Sam's and getting here, there really is not that much to report. Patience Billy, patience. You will be glad you came..................tomorrow. So here is the quote for the day:

Never let life's hardships disturb you ... no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages.
Nichiren Daishonen

No comments:

Post a Comment