Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 18

This morning I woke up to a phone call from the surgeon who put the screw in my leg. He wants to go back in and put a bigger screw in my leg. When I went for my 2 week check up, he looked at the exray and said " I wish I put a bigger screw in, what you have is fine it is just that I am a perfectionist". Now he says he has not been able to sleep because this has been bothering him so he wants to go back in with no cost to me. He said this would not prolong my recovery, it might speed it up. So Friday I go back in under the knife and have a longer screw put in. Lucky me.

Today, I went to the gym and then for cardio, I got in the pool and swam 12 laps. For the first time doing cardio since I got injured, I think I did too much because I got out of the pool and thought I was going to faint. I had to sit for a bit again and the hurry home to get food in me.

I got a call from the theater confirming my date for my 50th birthday show so I started sending out emails to sign people up to be in the show. Lexi came home and I helped her study history and health. I am learning so much. I did not get to work on my book today but I will do double duty tomorrow. Ah what an adventure this has been. I leave you today with this quote:

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment