Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 37

It is after midnight so I will try and make this brief. I was just at my friends Steve and Tracy's house. They hosted a gathering for a former Disney Director, Barbara Epstien and a fellow Top of the World performer, Marsha Mechant and her husband. Barbie Bauman, Pammy and Wesley, Kevin Brassard and myself were all there to cherish great friends and fond memories. We laughed and got caught up and had a spectacular time. Thank you Steve and Tracy for a great night.

So yesterday, Friday, I was sick of driving a dirty truck, so again I bit the bullet and paid 18 dollars for the wash, vacuum, tire wash, window wash....etc. and the truck looked great. Perfect for our drive to Lakeland and back. Today we had day two of dance competition and we drove back to Lakeland. I dropped Karen and Lexi off close to the door to carry in all of the make up and costumes and then I parked. There was an older man in a cart and he said, "there are a few spaces in the back" to which I replied, "I am on crutches, can you come pick me up so I don't have to hobble that whole way?" to which he replied "Of course young man, I will be right there." So I parked in the back and started making my way through the parking lot. The man started driving toward me and turned around and drove off. I was waving my crutches and screaming for him but he either had a better offer or forgot, or maybe I was on video and he and his buddies were laughing in the back some where.

The dance competition was long but Lexi's numbers got 1st place and 5 stars today. Pretty darn good. After the last number Karen went to get the stuff out of the dressing room and I went to get the truck. As I am walking closer and closer to the truck I am seeing what looks like blotches of white paint all over the top and sides of my truck. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!! Bird poop, not only a little.........a TON!! On the top on the sides all over the windshield..........a ton. I just washed this truck, no I just paid to wash the truck, and I get this. REALLY??? What did I do wrong. First the leg, then the broken shower chair, then the toilet falling into, then the broken lawn mower and paying for the lawn service and now 18 dollars, shat upon by some overweight bird who could not hold it till he was over a field or something. OMG!!!!

So now I am off to bed to sleep for a bit and then get up to do it all over again. More dancing tomorrow. Last day. Here you go:

One way to get the most out of life is
to look upon it as an adventure.

William Feather (don't you love his name is feather....bird...get it?

1 comment:

  1. In many cultures, a bird pooping on you is a blessing. Maybe many, many BIG blessings are coming your way!

    ReplyDelete