Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 36

So for sure I over did it yesterday because I woke up this morning and had to use my crutches again. My leg is feeling better now but I did use my crutches all day. Karen had a doctors appointment early this morning due to her allergies and asthma, so I took Lexi to school and then went right to the gym. By the time I got home, Karen was back and we got ready to leave again for Lexi's dance competition in Lakeland.

We arrived 2 hours before her first number so I went in the hotel that was next to the convention center and used the free wi fi for my IPod Touch. If you don't have one, it is great fun. I read the newspaper on it and played some games and even watched some television shows that I had not seen yet. Technology!!!! While I was sitting there, a cold hand touched the back of my neck and lo and behold it was an old friend of mine, Karl, who was judging the competition that Lexi was in. We spoke briefly and he had to run. He did mention that he liked my beard. It is a shame when two people can be so close and then just like that, they drift apart and never see or speak to each other. I have been in this cast for 7 weeks and this is the first time I saw him.

Lexi's dance went very well but she only had the one number today and really wanted to stay for the awards which were supposed to happen at 9. So Karen and I found a YMCA and she ran while I swam. We stopped at Subway to get some dinner and were back in time for the awards, but they were running 90 minutes behind. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN????? Once they finally started, the MC, who was so annoying, had to explain all of the new scoring system and give out lame awards. Lexi's routine got
4 3/4 stars out of 5 and placed third. We grabbed the goods and drove home. Walked in the door at midnight and have to be on the road by 7 to get back there for more dancing. When my boys played football and baseball, it was the same thing, just less entertaining. I tell you what, the little skanks who are 6 and 7 wearing slutty costumes with all of their guts hanging over their clothes is just wrong. Lexi's dance teacher will not let any of her girls have any belly's showing. They are always covered. Not the other studio's. Just wrong. Anyway, time for bed so here you go:

/God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.





No comments:

Post a Comment