Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 28

I was thinking all day about how life for the disabled really $uck$. Granted I only have a broken leg and my leg will heal, but what those who have to live their life every day in a wheel chair have to endure is not fun at all. I have so much more respect and compassion for them and I want to be an advocate in making sure that when those with disabilities have to travel, it is convenient and easy. Not only for those who travel but for those who have to do anything. For example, my gym had a push button for the disabled on the outside of the gym. When I go to push it to open the doors, it does not work. Every day the lady who opens the gym chuckles and says "I always forget to flip the switch." So the past few times I have gone, it does not work, I struggle to get through the door and take my crutch and flip the switch, give her a dirty look and move on.

I went to a different YMCA today and they have a wheel chair ramp, but no door opener. So you can go up the wheel chair ramp and then have to struggle to open the door. Come on people, let's all get together and make some changes. I don't know who I have to talk with but I have so many ideas that could make things easier. My new mission.

I actually slept until 10:00 this morning. I was shocked when I woke up because it has been years since I have done that. After getting up I had to take my tax form to be postmarked. Happy Tax Day everyone. Then to the gym and swim and by that time it was time to pick Lexi up from school. Ryan's fiance Cayla arrived today and he had to work so Karen Cayla and I drove Lexi to dance and went to see the movie, Date Night. I have not enjoyed a movie so much since Simon Birch. I highly recommend it. Steve Carrell and Tina Fey are great. After the movie we went to get Lexi but she was not done. We got to see her run some numbers and then we made our way home.

As for my leg, I started putting some weight on it. I have started being aggressive in exercising it and I am hoping for the best. I go back to the doctor in a week and I so want him to release me. Pray for me!!!! I want to beat the odds and be back before the 8 weeks he said it would be. Tomorrow will be 6 since the break and 5 since the surgery. I have been counting the days, I know, but I have been trying to make them count as well. Enjoy the quote:

No comments:

Post a Comment