Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 13

I had no idea what a klutz I was until I broke my leg. So we all know that I was staying at a hotel while in Massachusetts. The hotel was very accommodating by getting me a room on the first floor very close to the doors and making sure that it was a handicap room. I drink a lot of water so usually in the middle of the night, I get up to go to the bathroom. Well that is just what I did. Now it is dark, I get my crutches, I waddle into the bathroom and even though I am a boy and can stand, it is just easier to sit due to darkness and an unstable stance. So I go to sit and SPLASH, I fall into the toilet!!!!! What kind of chamber maid puts the seat up in a handicap room? Does she think that those in wheel chairs pee from there chairs? I was so grossed out and stuck in the toilet with a wet behind and since I had leaned my crutches against the door, they were out of reach. So I had to touch the nasty toilet rim to get myself out and sit on the edge of the porcelain.
To make matters worse, the idiot who designed the rooms put the towels near the sink which was on the other side of the doors. So now, I have to crawl out of the bathroom to the sink area to get a towel to dry off my butt, only to have to crawl back into the bathroom to put the seat down and finally go. By now I am wide awake, grossed out because of toilet water on me and my knees are hurting due to crawling on tile to get the towel. So I ended up taking a bath at 2:00 in the morning to wash off the memory of what just happened. By the time I got back to bed, it was 2:30 and I was too awake to sleep. There are so many nasty commercials on in the early morning hours. I ended up counting sheep and finally fell back to sleep just in time for my alarm to go off as I was being picked up at 5:30 to go to the gym.

After a day of meetings, I was driven to the airport and was there 2 hours early. I got myself into a restaurant. Because I was so early, I had a glass of wine and was talking on the phone, I ordered my meal and before I knew it, it was 30 minutes prior to my flight. My meal had not come yet and the guy with the wheel chair clearly forgot me as he was supposed to be there 45 minutes before my flight as prearranged. I called the number they left me and he was on his way, I got the food to go and was rushed through the gate. I heard my name being called and of course, going through security with a broken leg is not the easiest. I had to remove my boot, take my computer out of my bag, struggle to get my belt off etc. I finally got through and the last called my name. The man pushing the wheel chair started running through the airport and just my luck we were the gate farthest away. I got there just as they were about to close the door and they let me on. My seat was booked prior to the leg break so I was not that close to the front. I had to scoot down to 19D only to find a woman in my seat who asked if I minded if she stayed there. WHAT!!!! I HAVE A BROKEN LEG YOU HAG!!!! was what I thought but of course I smiled and said that I would go further back to find a seat. The flight attendant was great and helped me get settled.

We landed 35 minutes early and when I called my son to tell him, he had not left for the airport yet so I knew I would be waiting some. I got wheeled outside where I waited for his arrival. While I was sitting there I realized I did not tip the guy in Boston who ran me to the plane. I feel awful. I go back in a few weeks and I am determined to find him and give him a tip. Home at last, I unpacked and went to bed.

Sorry for the same quote so here is a new one:
Believe that you have it, and you have it.
Latin Proverb

1 comment:

  1. This just gets better and better. I WANT the rights to this reality series!

    ReplyDelete