Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 12

Well today was pretty uneventful. I woke up very early and went to the gym here in Plymouth. My brothers wife's sisters daughter Bridget picked me up. I thought I would be nice and get her a banana from the hotel so I put on in my pocket for her and one in my pocket for me. When I was getting in the car, I said, "I got you a banana" and I was trying to get it out of my pocket, I realized what it looked like and apologized to this poor girl. I swear I am not a dirty old man.

I had dinner tonight with my nephew Sean. This was the first time EVER that I sat and talked to him and what a fine young man he is. I have a million girls in Florida I would love to hook him up with. A Mass Maritime Grad, good job, owns a house and only 24.

Then back to my room and up again early tomorrow. I look as though I have cankels. I guess the flying yesterday really did a number on my leg. It is really swollen. No pain but very swollen. I will be putting many pillows under it tonight. So I am going to bed but I leave you with this quote:

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
Confucius

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea Confucius and Oliver Goldsmith were so like-minded...
    (Check out your quote from yesterday...You just did that to make sure we were paying attention, RIGHT?)

    ReplyDelete