Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 5

I am so blown away by the kindness of others. Today I had a visit from Melanie Stinger from the Finding Nemo the Musical cast. She brought me a care package from the cast as they deemed this "Lead Appreciation Week". Even though I am not there doing schedules and helping out (as I wish I were) they still included me in this awesome honor. The other lead, Serena, really deserves the cudo's as she is there doing both our work. What a wonderful group of people I work with.

My second visitors today were Steve and Tracy again who brought us Fat Free Peanut Butter. Sam's does not sell it anymore so they picked it up for us at B.J's. They are the best.

I am entering this late tonight because we had a parent teachers night tonight at Lexi's school. Right now she goes to a private Christian school and our thought all along was to keep her there through elementary school and then send her to public school come middle school years. Well she is now in 5th grade and has only 7 kids in her class. She has made the all "A" honor roll for the third term in a row and with the ABEKA curriculum that is quite a feat. The school had done a presentation tonight which in my opinion was a scare tactic trying to get people to stay in the private school because their enrollment is down. They made some valued points but basically it was scaring parents about moving kids to the public schools. This particular school has great academics and that is where it begins and ends. There are no gym classes, no computers, no extra curricular activities, no sports, no chorus, no drama.....but the kids can read and write and do arithmetic. A very old fashion school and it has served us well. Any thoughts?

Kyle once again to me to the gym today and I did get my workout in but the rest of the day I spent writing my book and answering emails. Thank you to my 4 followers. You are too kind. Oh, I took a bath today and got dressed in something other than shorts and pajama pants. It's the little things. I go to the doctor in two days to get an update on my foot. Feeling just fine.

I leave you today with this thought, "when you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours." My favorite quote from Dolly Parton.

1 comment:

  1. I am completely a product of Catholic parochial education - four years of Catholic high school - so I can't diss that. However, I went to a RC school that had music, sports, theatre - especially theatre. Lexi is very theatrical, right? So this has to be a factor. And both my girls went to public schools. Mallory, who as you know was and is very dramatic, swears by her public high school. But again, this was in Iowa, where the schools are really good. So I don't think I'm being very helpful here...

    ReplyDelete