Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 9

Remember 2 days ago when I was so excited to take a shower and then the next day I forgot? Well I took my second shower and it was a slight disaster. We have had a teak wood stool in our shower for years and that is what I sit on while in the shower as I can not stand on my right leg. We are fortunate that our shower nozzle changes heights because of the extreme height difference between my wife and I. Well in the middle of my shower one of the wood strips in the seat decides to break causing me to loose my balance a bit and my @$$ went a bit deeper into the now broken seat and you guessed it.....a splinter!!! So picture this is you will, a 6 foot 3 inch wet, naked man sitting on a broken stool with a broken leg trying to remove a piece of wood from his @$$. Time for a new stool.

After taking my shower, I had to be at my church at 2:45 for a rehearsal for Easter music and to sing at the 5:00 mass. I was the cantor so I had to be there. No one was home to drive me so I took my boot off, got in my mustang and drove myself. Can you say Granny? I really should not have done that but I did arrive in one piece. They had a stool for me to sit on and a chair for me to prop my leg up on right next to the piano. I felt like a lounge singer in church. All I was missing was the wine and a cigarette, but the wine was coming during communion. I got through the rehearsal and the mass and on my way out so good friends of mine Laura and Joel Keller, offered for Joel to drive me home and Laura came and picked him up at my house. This was way out of their way but I did appreciate the ride. Once home I sat and waited for Karen and Lexi to get back from the dance competition. I started writing in my book and needed to verify some information so I called my sister Patty and she was having dinner for my mother and my cousin and I talked with them for the next hour.

Karen and Lexi came home and when she walked in the door she looked like Mark Spitz with all of her medals. She won 6 double platinum medals (the highest you can get) and 2 platinum medals. The trio she was in came in first over all and she had a big trophy for that. I am so sad that I missed it. She had 5 more competitions coming up so I know that I will be going to a few of those. They were so tired when they got home that it was right to bed.

So I leave you with the quote of the day:
Our life's a stage, a comedy: either learn to play and take it lightly, or bear its troubles patiently.
Palladas

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Lexi!!!!

    And as for you and your @$$ $plinter - too funny. You are definitely living a sitcom. Except... I guess you might have trouble "sitting" now...

    ReplyDelete