Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 10

Because I posted Saturdays blog this morning, it will look like two entries in the same day but really Day 9 entry was for Saturday the 27th and this day 10 is for Sunday. Really who cares???? No one!!!!

So today my sons Kyle and Adam helped me with the yard work. I sent them on the roof to get a few pile of leaves before they blew off all over my grass. Last week Adam and Ryan raked and picked up leaves for me but I did notice a bunch on the side of the house. So as they were on the roof, I hobbled a rake over to the side and started raking. I wish I were my neighbors watching me because I am sure they think I am a nut case. It is amazing how creative one gets when they have to do something on crutches. I was using the rake to balance myself on one side and one crutch to balance the other as I pulled the rake to create the piles. I was hopping on one foot a few times to get the piles together. I started laughing at myself imagining people watching me. Well I got the job done by the time my sons got off the roof and they had to pick up the piles of leaves. They were amazed at how I was able to get the leaves raked. Where there's a will there's a way right?

After being the watchman as my kids did the lawn, mowing and edging and blowing, I came in and wrote 2 chapters of my book. I am thrilled with the amount of writing I have done but I still have a long way to go. 30 years is a lot to write about.

Karen wanted to go to the gym, so I joined her and worked on my abs and did some cardio which consists of bouncing on a big ball and moving my arms like I am doing jumping jacks. Again, if I were someone watching me, I would so be making fun of me.

We came home and I attempted another shower on the broken stool. So instead of sitting today I tried to stand and put the knee of my broken leg on the stool and OMG, the weight of my body broke another slat of wood. I give up. No splinter on my knee but it did leave a mark. I was able to finish the shower without incident and got ready to go sing at a youth group function at church. When I pulled up there were only 6 kids there and about 8 adults. By the time I finished singing there were 8 adults. I always said, I appeal to under 7 and over 60.

So now my boys and their girls are upstairs playing pictionary and I relish in the laughter and happiness I hear. What an amazing thing being a parent is. Your kids grow up and fall in love yet you never feel as if you have gotten any older. Where has the time gone. I leave you today with this quote:

The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it.
Plutarch

No comments:

Post a Comment