Friday, March 19, 2010

Why I started this

Well here I sit on a couch in my home 7 days after a surgery on my broken tibia. I have been a performer at Walt Disney World for 28 years now and have never even used 1 sick day and because I got injured outside of work, I now have to take all of the days I have saved up for years. Not Disney's fault at all, all my fault.
So now I am best friends with Oprah, Ellen and Regis and Kelly. I watched Julie and Julia the other day and thought that a blog about my journey to healing might be fun.
Having never been immobile for as long as I will be, I thought documenting my process might be a tad interesting. You see, for the past 10 years I have been working on a book originally called "20 Years, Wearing Ears". The story of my very successful career as a theme park performer. Believe me, this was not my idea originally. I was being interviewed for a magazine called "WHERE ORLANDO" and the writer was so intrigued by my stories, she suggested a book. I put it off for sometime and then thought, why not.
So after writing a few chapters, I have put it off again and again. I always know that one day I will finish it but never really have the time....correction....take the time. Now I have no excuses. I have 7 more weeks of healing to get a large bit of it done.
So why am I taking time away from by book to write a blog? Well, I wanted to look back on this "down time" and monitor my process of all that I do with my time to heal. I don't want to waste a minute of it by doing nothing but watching television. I need to have something to show for my time off. Now I will have this. I will blog each day about my recovery, and any interesting things that might go on in my life as an injured singer. I am not sure that I will have any readers. I really don't know how this whole thing works, but even if I am the only reader, it can be my diary if you will. So until tomorrow,
sung to the tune of the mickey mouse club sign off
B I L (love for you to read me)
L Y (why? because I like you)
FL AN I GA N.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea. And get back to that book. I always wanted to write one about my work at The Met. But I never did.

    Keep up the good work. Just keep it light and peppy. Light. Peppy.

    ReplyDelete