Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 7

What a day I had today. I went to the doctor for my post op check up and I am healing quite well. He told me he wished he turned the screw in my leg two more times to get it further in the bone but he was being picky. My stitches came out and I can now shower!!! It's the little things :) I can take my boot off and move my foot around to get circulation going and only stand putting the weight of my leg down. I can not use the boot to walk on yet. Good news all around. I go back in 4 weeks and I know that I will be ready to resume my life again.

I went to the gym with Kyle and Eric and then came home and took a shower. It was the longest shower I think I have ever taken. Soooooooooooooo nice!!! I had to fix my own breakfast today and although it took a long time to do that, I DID IT!!!!

Ryan and his fiance picked me up and we went to the Mall at Millenia to get Ryan a new wardrobe for his birthday tomorrow. I insisted on him getting clothes that fit and not baggy hoodlum clothing. We even bought him a suit. Oh my baby is all grown up. He is 26 and he's got a suit now. Well he is technically not 26 until tomorrow but still, he looked great in all of his new clothes.

I came home and folded laundry that was left on the couch and watched Ugly Betty. So sad that show is cancelled. Great show. I then heated up some left overs and my neighbor took me to the homeowners association meeting. I just got back from that and still no one is home. Karen and Lexi have been at that dance studio for HOURS getting ready for this weekends competition. Costume pass out etc.

I am now sitting in a pitch black house and only hearing the noise of the clock ticking. It is glorious. I love my family but my time alone in my house is so rare that I cherish every moment. So I will sign off right now leaving you with this quote:

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities.
by Aldous Huxley

1 comment:

  1. About the suit and Ryan's birthday: Last fall, we took our oldest Daughter Mallory to college in Iowa. Then a month later, we came back to her campus to say goodbye, just before we moved to Scotland. We waited for her in a parking lot to come find us. As she came over the hill to greet us, it took our breath away. Just a month before, we had left this kid at school. Coming to meet us now, was a grown woman: confident, self-reliant, in her place and doing her thing. It is a moment we will never forget. As parents, we do all this work (and make plenty of mistakes) to help them achieve this result - yet when it happens, the mixture of emotions is so powerful...proud, happy, a little nostalgic, but honored to be part of her life. Thanks, Billy, for reminding me of that moment...

    ReplyDelete