Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 8

Where were you 26 years ago today? I was experiencing my first day as a parent. So young with a wife and child and no family close by. I tell you what, I can still remember watching this life come into the world and realizing I helped create that. My poor tiny wife squeezing this 6 pound 12 ounce child out and all I have to do is say breathe!!!! I know that does not seem fair but God knew that men would not be able to deal with the pain of child birth. He was right. I could barely deal with the pain of a broken bone.

So today I did the gym thing but this time Karen drove me and I was on my own. People were nice enough to help me if they saw me struggling trying to get a weight. Not that bad but I like working out with Kyle cause he carries a stool for me to sit in and carries my water. After the gym I came home and wrapped all of the gifts we got Ryan yesterday.(even though he knew what they were we did it cause Lexi gets so excited) Then it was my weekly journey up the stairs to work in my real office. I had a phone meeting with PartyLite and put some music together for Lexi. I actually forgot I could shower and filled the tub up with water and being the frugal person I am, I just took a bath. I will not forget again!!!!!

By the time I got out Ryan and Cayla (his fiance)Kyle and Erica (his fiance) and Adam and Lauren(his girlfriend) were here for dinner. Karen made a great fish and pasta meal and it was so great having the whole family here. We opened the gifts and I was off to play cop in tight clothes pretend stripper on crutches for a friends bachelorette party. It was quite odd asking my son to take me to go strip for a girl that he dated once who was getting married. My other son took me. LOL. Oh the things you do for friends.

Now I am home in the dark. Karen and Lexi are in bed resting up for the long day tomorrow. Lexi has a dance competition. My leg feels okay. A bit swollen but still okay. So now it is my turn to go to bed. I leave you with this quote today:

Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.
Doug Firebaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment