Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 11

There are so many things that you take for granted in every day life. Cooking a meal, mowing a lawn, peeing at a urinal. Today I was traveling to Boston and Adam took me to the airport and dropped me off to the guy with the wheel chair. I was able to get through security fairly quickly and after a swift stop to get some food, I thought it best to go to the rest room before I got on the plane. I ALWAYS go in the stalls because I am very pee shy but just my luck there were non available. I had the choice of 4 urinals. I chose the one closest to the wall so that I could lean my crutches against the wall and if I were to fall I would have a wall to lean on. So I was doing my thing (peeing) and one of my crutches starts to slide, and falls right in front of my stream. I freaked out thinking that I was going to have backsplash, I tried to stop midstream which is very hard, and I was too late. In the shock of the crutches falling, I did lose my balance and fell forward to catch myself and ended up flushing the urinal with my shoulder and I left the restroom...........wet!

After washing for a long time I was able to dry a bit in the blower. I was put on the plane, which was full by the way, and made the long 3 hour flight without incident. My sister Patty picked me up at the airport, we picked up my mother and went to my sister Mary's house for dinner. Mary should be on the Food Network with her own show. She is an amazing cook and quite the entertainer.

After dinner I had a car pick me up to bring me to my hotel in Plymouth. The hotel was great in getting me a room close on the first floor so that I did not have to walk so far. So with Dancing with the Stars in the background, I sit here exhausted and ready to get some sleep. So tonight I leave you with this quote:
Our greatest glory consist not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
Oliver Goldsmith
(pretty sure he did not mean into a urinal)

1 comment:

  1. Classic. Truly classic. Just remember the warning from the film GHOSTBUSTERS:
    "Don't cross the streams!"

    ReplyDelete