Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 41

In the past 7 weeks, I have not had to get up to an alarm and boy can one get used to that!!! Today I was up with the alarm at 6:00 AM to go to the gym because I had my physical therapy at 8:00 and a recording session at 10:00. I forgot how 6AM looks. I don't like it. Now don't be alarmed, I am so ready to go back to work, so I will need to adjust my staying up habits and not watch Everybody Loves Raymond at 10:30 and the Nanny at 11:00. I will have to be in bed by 10:00 so that I can get up at 6. (I am used to 8 hours now)

My therapy was fantastic. I actually had to do some stretching exercises today and pick up a towel with my foot and then finally my foot massage. Here is the secret to get a longer massage, you strike up a conversation that would involve questions and stories, so that the 10 minute massage turns into a 30 minute one. Brilliant!!!!

Because I ran late there, I had to run home and eat breakfast, grab my computer and then off to the recording session. It was so great to be back in the studio. Michelle Lindhall was there and Shaleesa James was there and a new girl who did a great job as well. They sang for almost 6 hours. We are back in the morning to finish up and add guys to the vocals. Another long day.

After the recording session it was a quick trip home to shower and then off to the service for Pat, the woman from my church choir. A beautiful service with a harp player playing background music. Father Tim and Father Val held the service and people were able to get up and tell stories. I finally found out why Pat was in a wheel chair. She had polio at the age of 15 and had been in a wheel chair ever since. Amazing woman and never without a smile. I tell ya, a broken leg is nothing compared to what she has endured her whole life. Raising two daughters while in a wheel chair, can you imagine? I sang my song at the end of the service and then it was home to gather Lexi from dancing school and get her to bed. Karen took her friend Michelle to see "Xanadu" tonight for Michelle's birthday. I saw it on Broadway and LOVED it. I hope the tour is as good.
Tomorrow I fill out all of the paper work to start the process of publishing my book. My friend Rhonda has a friend that is going to help my finish developing the book and hopefully getting it published. I have got to get back to work on that. So now it's time to say goodnight to all my company:

Quote of the Day
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment