Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 38

There is something to be said about parenting. It can make you blind, tone deaf, and quite an oblivious fool. So for the past three days I have endured teams of dancers from all over compete against each other. Some were great, some were okay and some were down right BAD!!!! But no matter who was up there dancing, there were the parents of these children who told all of them how wonderful they were. There were 5 year old girls dressed in a bra top and practically a thong, shaking there hoo ha's like they were strippers and the parents are cheering for them. I would love to see the father explain to his pole dancing daughter why it was okay to do this when she was 5 through 17 but not okay to do it for a living. The same thing goes for the parents that we see on American Idol who think there child is the best singer in the world and on a good day they would make anyone want to be deaf. What is up with parents?

It was another early day, up at 7 out of the house by 7:30, in Lakeland by 8:30 and, what a shock, Lexi didn't dance until 10:30. I was able to leave for a while and attend Mass at a very nice church in Lakeland, then I went to the gym and rode a bike for a while. I was back in time for Lexi's last number, actually I was back in time to wait 2 hours for Lexi's number and then we were on the road to home. I immediately went out and skimmed the pool because it was filled with those awful bugs that infested Orlando the other day and then I went for a very cold swim. The water was 76 degrees but it felt good. I showered, ate and went to a movie by myself. I don't know about you, but I love going to the movies alone. It was 5 dollar Sunday's in Apopka and I saw "Death at a Funeral". The original British version was better but it was funny. I laughed out loud. Tracy Morgan is just a riot. Just my luck there was no parking close to the theater and it was pouring outside so my boot and shoe got a bit soggy.

As the rain still comes down, I love the sound of rain, I am just remembering how wonderful MY daughter was today. Just like Mary Poppin's, Practically Perfect in every way.

There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. ~Chinese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment