Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 24

Not much to report today. I was up early and went to church. At the end of mass, our priest, Father Tim, asked the church to pray for my recovery so that I was back in working condition. I thought that was just awesome that he did that. After mass we came home and I pulled some more trees out of my lawn, not the big trees, the little ones like I told you about a few days ago. Then I went to the gym and Karen took Lexi to the store Justice. I guess they are selling the Zuzu pets that are not supposed to be coming out till summer and of course Lexi HAD to have one. After their trip there, they met me at the gym and Lexi and her friend Rachel went swimming while I swam laps. Swimming is hard.

After the gym I came home and showered. We have not replaced our shower chair yet so I have to be very careful. One of the few wood seat slats that are left is loose and I just know it will give any day and then it will pretty much be a toilet in the shower.

I packed for my upcoming trip to Boston, did some high finance, ate dinner and then we watched Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeakuel. Lexi got it for Easter and Kyle and Erica and Ryan came over to watch it. It is so darn cute and looked great on the LED TV. After that Ryan and I had a chat about life at the age of 26. Being a parent to adults is way harder than being a parent to kids. I hate the phrase "when I was your age" yet I found myself saying it. My kids are so great, I am so fortunate to have such wonderful children. I love that we can talk and I hope they listen. Which leads me to todays quote:

I just want my kids to love who they are, have happy lives and find something they want to do and make peace with that. Your job as a parent is to give your kids not only the instincts and talents to survive, but help them enjoy their lives.
-- Susan Sarandon, Readers' Digest, May 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment