Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 44

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day. We were up at the crack of dawn and on our way to Lakeland once again for yet another dance competition. Karen and I drove separately because she was going to spend the night there and I was going to Tampa to see some friends in "Hair". While we were waiting for Lexi to perform, a woman started starring at us with her mouth open. It was Lori Matta, the daughter of the woman Karen took dance from when she was in high school and the sister of my old girlfriend. She moved to Florida and opened her own dance studio in Plant City. Lori was so excited to see us as were we to see her. We watched Lexi do her dance and Lori cried the whole time. As soon as Lexi was done she called her sister Linda (my old girlfriend) and handed the phone to me. Can you say....uncomfortable??????? We small talked about our kids and then I handed the phone back to Lori. Small World.

Today Lexi's numbers all got either Platinum or Double Platinum and placed from 3rd to 1st over all. She did great and just loves dancing. She is like a little Karen up there. There was time in between numbers for me to go to the gym, where I worked on legs and did all of my physical therapy training on my foot. No swelling all day, it felt really good. I also had time to go to church, where they were doing a mass for the first communion kids. They looked to great. I tell you, the Latina's really go all out with the brides dresses and crowns on the head. WOW!!!!

I then left the competition to drive to St. Pete to see Luerne, Stefanie, Clinton and Laura in "Hair" that our friend Eric directed. It was very far but leaving from Lakeland it was only an hour. What an amazing show. The entire cast was just fantastic and such great singers. Of course my friends were the best ever. Luerne opened the show on center with Aquarius and sang the crap out of it. Stefanie played the pregnant one and she dyed her hair blond to do the roll. She looks great and the part was written for her. Laura Houdos was amazing as always. I always tell her that I am her number one fan. Girl can sing anything and has a range that would make Julie Andrews blush. Clinton was soooooooooooo funny. I see him perform at Nemo and he is great but his talent goes way beyond that. Boy can sing, act and he is funny. I am so proud of all of them.

Stefanie went above and beyond talking me right to the stage because the directions I had were bogus, and she made sure that I got a seat to sit in. The show was done on a stage in a park so most of the people either sat on blankets on the lawn or brought their own chairs. What a great night. On the ride home I did the unthinkable. I was so hungry and, I am embarrassed to say this, I stopped at a Burger King. I ordered what I thought might be the healthiest thing, a fish sandwich but I got the fries and a Dr. Pepper in honor of my friend Alex. So I ate it and then a few miles down the road there was a rest area, and I think I disposed of it......not in the trash but in the.....ca mode. My stomach was screaming at me. I have not had Burger King in 10 years. What a mistake that was. OMG!!!!

So it is late and I must go to bed. Busy day tomorrow.

A wise man learns by the mistakes of others,
a fool by his own.

Latin Proverb




No comments:

Post a Comment