Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 61

I have felt the worst pain I ever felt today. I was at work and my dear friend Kevin and my friend/stage manager Phil have been in cahoots and decided that it would be best for me to put my foot in a bucket of ice for 10 minutes. I now know what the Titanic passengers felt like. OMG!!!! Talk about pain? 8 minutes in I thought I was going to vomit. I did last the whole 10 minutes and pulled my foot out and I swear I had frost bite. I wrapped it in a towel and 10 minutes later Phil came back and said "okay, time for round 2". Are you kidding me? So back in the ice my foot went. I screamed like a girl but I tolerated the pain and went through round 2. I have to say, I might not have made it through that third show if I did not do that. Maybe I was just numb but it did feel better.

I had therapy today and because my PT went to my show, she totally changed my therapy. They kicked my @$$!!!!! I was sweating and could not breath. I am not in as good shape as I thought. After this whole thing is over, I need to do PX90 to mix it up and get in better shape. They told me at PT that I had to wear a compression sock. I went to get one and there were way too many choices. I will decide later.

I have a new app on my ITouch that gives you workouts and exercises for every body part. It is so cool. It even gives you demonstrations on how to do the exercises. So I used it today and did an entirely different workout. I expect to be sore tomorrow.

I am now watching Glee. What a great show. I want to be the Glee teacher. Will was the original Link in Hairspray on Broadway. One of the Voght brothers was on there tonight. It is always so great when you see people you know on stage or on TV. Plus Idina Menzel was on tonight and she and Rachel sang a duet and I always thought they looked alike. What a great episode. How about American Idol tonight? It was awful and really who cares who wins this year? Not me. Off to dreamland now so I leave you with this quote:

No comments:

Post a Comment