Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 47

I can not believe that I let Sunday go by without saying Happy Anniversary to myself. I celebrated my 28th year working at Walt Disney World. That is right youngin's, I started working here before you were born. It is so hard to fathom sometimes that I am working with people who were not born when I started working here. I always make the joke that when Gina Varchetto came to Hoop Dee Doo in a stroller in 1983, I leaned over to her and said in my best baby voice, "Who's gonna be my Flora someday, you are, aren't you, your gonna be my Flora" to which she smiled and 20 years later, we were Flora and Jim. I am truly blessed to have been working there 28 years. Pray for at least another 2 so I don't have to change the title of my book (30 Years Wearing Ears).

I went to the gym today in 2 sneakers. I brought the boot just in case but I wanted to walk as much as I could without it. My ankle looked like a cankle by the time I got home but it was not bad. I spent the rest of the day going through pictures to put in the power points for the big show....which by the way I have come up with a title. Are you ready for this.? BILLY FLANIGAN.....50 YEARS ON CENTER!!!!!
Now you must know that this is a benefit for the JDRF but I want to have as much fun as possible while we raise money. I figure, all of the people I would want at a party, will be in the show. Perfect.

My friends the Flanagan's, spelled wrong, did me a huge favor and printed up a picture that I am giving my mother on Mothers Day, which by the way is this Sunday so you better make sure you call. Mark did an amazing job and I am so very grateful for their help and generosity. Came home from getting the picture and packed for my short trip to Boston. I will be able to give my mother the gift in person. When my family was here last year, my friend, the amazing Jim Harrison, took a family photo of all 27 of us on my stairs, and that is what I had blown up. It looks great. Thank you Mark and thank you Jim!!!!!!

Ocoee Middle School was on Oprah again today. Target finished the library redu and it looks great. Lexi was so excited to see her new school for next year on television. Too fun......PT at 7 am and then a flight at 11:30. I will be tired I am sure but I can sleep on the plane. I leave you on this 4th day of May with this:

By learning you will teach;
by teaching you will understand.
Latin Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment