Thursday, May 6, 2010

Days 48 and 49

I traveled yesterday up to Boston, taking a checked piece of luggage to bring my mothers and Karen's mothers day gifts. I waited for what seemed like forever for my luggage to come out and guess what? It never came out. I checked it in way before the cut off time but it did not make it on the plane. It was on the next flight. If I waited at the airport for it, I would have been stuck in so much traffic going to my mothers house so I opted for them to deliver it. They were to call me when they got it in. I specifically told them NOT to call my home phone (how they had it I don't know) because if Karen found out she would freak out because her mothers gifts were all in there. Well they called me and said they were at the airport and verified the address. Then I get a message from Karen about an hour later saying "the airlines called, they have your luggage". OMG, the driver they passes the luggage off to called my home phone. How could this happen. She was all worried and I was so mad.

After giving my mother her gift, I took her to dinner at a place my sister Patty was going to be hosting a trivia night at. We played 3 games, coming in 2nd twice and winning the last game. We had a very nice meal and my sister took my mom home so I could go to my hotel. Late night up and early morning.

I was up at 4:45 to go to the gym because I had to be at PartyLite by 7 for a telethon I was hosting on line. 11 hours later the telethon was over for me and my foot and I were both tired. I went to dinner with a friend and got some pretty devastating news that I can't share right now. The quote below sums it up for me. I ended up coming back to Patty's house to sleep and I am about to fall over so I will leave you with this quote:

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because his conscience tells him it is right....
Martin Luther

1 comment:

  1. OK, wow, that's a powerful quote. And since I am a Lutheran and I know the news of which you speak, it is doubly powerful to me. Thanks as always for your blog, Mr. Flanigan. Prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete