Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 56

OUCH!!!!!!!! I actually did shows today. I think I should have been a bit less aggressive and did one show but I have to be an over achiever and I did 2. I had my foot wrapped pretty tight and I had a tight shoe on. It was a brand new shoe. I got a pair of new shoes a bit before I got injured and when I went back to work today, they were gone. Someone said that they were taken and sold on eBay. I am sure that they did not make much money. LOL. Anyway, I got through the first show okay but the speed at which I am trying to move is very hard. The second show I stopped a bit too hard in the shark number and for the rest of the show, I limped. I know that I just have to get used to it and I am thrilled to be back, I just have to take it easier.

After the last show, I stayed around for another 15 minutes and iced my leg. I worked on schedules and filled in all of the holes we had. It is a never ending job and God bless Serena (the other lead) for doing an incredible job while I was gone. I was told that she was scheduled for the first two shows and at 5:40 was still there filling schedule needs and never complained or fussed about it. She is the sweetest person in the world and is going through a lot personally, so the fact that she stayed extra and made sure that all of the shifts were filled shows how dedicated she is. I am so blessed to work beside her in the lead role.

I came home and ........ oh crap I have to shut off my sprinkler.............hold on......I am back, as I was saying, I came home and had to check my sprinkler system because there was a section of my grass that was dry and did not get enough water. I have cups that measure and it was way low. So I tested them and found that one was buried under a bush that got very thick. So I had to trim the bush and then put the sprinkler on the section that was dry. You know I live in an even number house so my water days are Thursday and Sunday so I had to take care of it today. Plenty of water now cause if forgot all about it. Now my water bill is going to be way more....dang it!!! Thank goodness for the blog, otherwise it would have been on all night.

I have PT at 7:30 so it is up at 5:15 to make food and go to the gym before therapy and then off to work to do 2 more shows. OMG Lexi is soooooo going through puberty. What a crank tonight. She just came down and said " I am going to sit in my room and be by myself cause nobody cares about me". This after I just spent an hour pretending that I know anything about diagrams in grammar and then studying for a health exam. Wow. Uh Oh, Karen is on her way up, let's see if it will be menopause verses puberty.......wait for it..........hmmmm, pretty calm, I am impressed. As I was saying earlier in this paragraph (I know what a paragraph is) I have to go to bed so I can get up early. So here is the quote for the day:

The trouble with learning to parent on the job is that your child is the teacher.
~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment