Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 50 and 51

It is so hard to believe I have been down for well over 51 days. Yesterday I got home from Boston and seeing my mother for Mothers day and I went directly to the gym and then to physical therapy. I go see the doctor on Monday and I am praying he releases me to go back to work. I am sure that it will be a slow return but a return is needed at this point.

Being out of town really messes your daily routine up. I missed a few days and I am sorry. Tomorrow is Mothers day and I really want to do my best to make this a very special day for Karen. She is an amazing Mom and to have raised the 4 kids AND deal with me, she will certainly go to heaven!!!!!!

Today my neighbor had a cook out and while talking to another neighbor he told me of how his son had a big party while they were gone and they came home unexpectedly in the middle of the party. He works for a beer company and gets free beer samples and needless to say, all of the samples were gone. In my way of trying to make him feel a bit better I said, "well I bet they were trying to decide weather to go to your house or call Adam (my son) to come over to my house. Lance (his son) probably said "my dad works for a beer company" and Adam probably said "my dad wears lycra" so they went to your house. Poor Adam was all alone last night. Really, I can't wait to get back into my lycra at Nemo. I miss everyone so much.

I sang at church tonight and it went really well. I love my church and the people who make up our church. They are all so nice. One couple asked me to sing at their wedding in March of next year. I looked on my calendar and can you believe it, I was free. Also one of our priests is Philipino and he sings in the Philipino Priest choir. They are doing a concert at our church on Sept. 17th and he asked if I would be the guest singer. Again I looked at my very busy calendar and amazingly enough, again I was free.

Off to bed to get rested up for tomorrow. Happy Mothers Day to all of you mothers out there.

“Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love.” – Mildred B. Vermont

No comments:

Post a Comment