Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 57

I woke up at 5:15 to go to the gym before Physical Therapy and went back to bed. I have never done that but I think after sitting for so many weeks, trying to get back into my normal routine to fast was a big mistake. So I slept another hour and went straight to PT. Stacy was my therapist today and she kicked my butt again. Actually I kicked it. I am such an over achiever that if they say do 15 I do 20. If they say 70 pounds I do 80. If they say rest for 1 minute I rest for 30 seconds. I just want to be better faster and they say that I am doing great. 10 weeks ago today I broke my leg, 9 weeks ago I had surgery and I am doing well, but I don't have the speed or the weight baring that I would like to have. Can you say impatient?

I was in PT for 2 hours and then went right to work. I did two shows, some lead work, iced my leg and then went to the gym. The crowd in the afternoon is quite different than the morning. In the morning you have all of the men and women who are there early to workout, shower and go to work. So your business types. In the afternoon it was the after school crowd. All young men and women on the hunt. OMG I must have heard the word "hot" from the boys and "stud" from the girls at least 20 times. And if you think that I look in the mirror alot...........I have nothing on these young guys. They check themselves out every second. I was laughing as they did some sit ups, lifted their shirts to check the stomach out, flexed and then back to the sit ups and shirt lifting. Did you ever see the commercial where the guy weighs himself, runs on the treadmill for 15 seconds and then goes back to the scale? That was the crowd today. One asked me to spot him. I looked at the weight and said "Okay Popeye, I hope you ate your spinach cause Whimpy here might not be able to help you". Boy did not even know who Popeye and Whimpy were.

After the gym I came home and worked for PartyLite for a few hours before showering and going to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Garden Theater. (where my birthday show is). Mark Huffman from Disney is the director and Patte DePova was the narrator. It was really wonderful. I brought my daughter and her friend and they loved it. I saw so many people I new. Rhonda Day was there with her mother Thelma, Ken Thiboult was there and Ray Fornieer and Amy Bullock who is not Bullock anymore and even some old Tarzan groupies. It was very fun. After the show the girls wanted to meet the entire cast, especially the boy who played Benjamin. (he looked like Justin Beiber) It was so cute.

Came home to find Karen on her new IPad. I think she might be addicted. Oh well, I am glad she likes it. So now I have to get some rest for another day of work. I am working on a Saturday this week to get my 40 hours in. I will actually get a pay check on Thursday. I am so excited. I am still having trouble with the speed thing but it gets a little better every day. Just being around friends and family helps me heal a little more each day as well. So I leave you with this quote:

No comments:

Post a Comment