Monday, May 17, 2010

Days 58,59 and 60

Well to all of my readers, I am so sorry for not writing for two days. I guess you can tell that I am back at work and trying to find time now to write what is going on. First here is the update on my injury, as that is why I started the blog. On Saturday I signed my PT in so that she could see what I do and have a better idea of what to work on with me. She was great and came back and met the stages PT and they talked about how to best help me. She also said something that must have been relayed to her by my doctor because it was the first I heard it. She mentioned to Michelle (the stages PT) that they would be dealing with a protruding screw, that it was not in all the way. Remember I told you the doctor wanted to go in and put a longer screw in, well since the swelling has gone down, you can actually see and feel where the screw is. It is very uncomfortable so I am now wishing that I went back in. Too late now but if it bothers me in a few months, I will be going back in to get it done.

Saturday I did two shows and because I was doing Gil, it was much easier on my leg. Sunday I had off and went on a 7 mile bike ride with Lexi and then went to church and came home to ride 13 miles to that I could get back into my 20 mile biking on Sundays. When I was not biking, I was doing bills and scanning more pictures. I tried to work on my power points and forgot everything I learned in my project time so I go back on Wednesday to do that. How about Desperate Housewives finale? Not such a cliff hanger.

Today, I went to the gym (shocker I know) and then to work. I did the first two shows and my foot was killing me by the end. I am supposed to do three shows tomorrow so we will see how that goes. I stopped at Walmart on the way home to pick some things up and my bill came to 19.71. When the cashier said 1971, I said, "Now that was a good year......of course I was not alive then but I heard it was a good year". She looked at me, paused and said..."No comment!!" OMG I totally look 50!!! I was not having a hard time with the number thing because I really did not think I looked 50 but I guess I do....according to the Walmart cashier!

Came home and worked on my show some more and now I am going to collapse. So I leave you with this quote:

  • A person is always startled when he hears himself seriously called an old man for the first time. Author: Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment