Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Days 91,92,93,94,95,96,97

Wow, it has been a whole week since I had the chance to sit down and write the blog. I am sure that many of you just gave up on me so now I am writing to ...... no one. I do hope that you will check back in once in a while to catch up.

So the long and short of it is that I have still be going to physical therapy and I will continue to do so until they decide that I should be released. I am doing great but my leg still has pain at times and I still can not jump on it. I do a mini tramp while at PT but after a few minutes, I have to stop. They say that my point and flex are great but it is the side to side motion that is restricted. So I go and they play with my foot until it moves well enough for me to exercise and then I go and exercise.

I worked Thursday and Friday at Nemo and was choreographing when I could for PartyLite. My mother was still here and I was scheduled for the Back Yard BB Q on Thursday, so Mom came and sat with some friends of ours that came to the show as well. It was very fun to do that show again since the last I performed it was last year in November and the last I rehearsed it was the day I left for my ski trip.

Friday I was back at Nemo and then home to work. Saturday was a big day as it was Lexi's recital. She was so excited that so many of her friends and her school teacher and Grandma were going to be there. All of her brothers went as well so she had quite a showing. I MC'd the recital during costume and prop moves. Most of the Dad's help move props, I move my mouth.

Sunday was Karen's birthday and Father's day. Everyone got up early to go to church and then brunch was made by Karen. I was choreographing and recording all day long. I did manage to finish my work, take my Mom to the airport and was home in time for the family to take Karen and I out to dinner. I told them that Mom's birthday trumps Fathers day but we shared it just fine. This has only happened a few times since we have been married so it is no big deal.

Monday I worked and flew to Boston to work at PartyLite on Tuesday. I flew back Tuesday night and was in rehearsal all day today for the Luckow family celebration at Disney. I did okay considering that for the past two nights, I only had 5 hours of sleep each night. So after checking 53 emails, looking at the pictures from my show and realizing how old I really do look, it is time for bed. And so I leave you with this quote:

Forty is the old age of youth, fifty is the youth of old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment