Sunday, June 6, 2010

Days 79 and 80

I am so sorry that I missed Saturday the 5th. I did four shows that day and in between each show was submerged in scheduling rehearsals, vacations, extra people and trying to make everything even and fair, that by the time I got home, I was exhausted. I had to do work for PartyLite when I got home and then worked a bit more on the big show. I had promised Lexi I would watch a movie with her and I hate going back on my word. Her choice of movie was "Tinkerbelle". Wow!!! It was the best nap I ever had. After the movie I went right to bed and forgot to blog.

Today I woke up at 7:00 to go to the 7:30 mass at my church. My priest makes announcements before every mass and today he announced my show on the 14th. I am glad I was there and did not walk in late. He was so great to announce the show to the congregation, and they even had a poster up in the lobby of the church to promote it for me. What a great parish. On the way out of church, the assistant pastor, Father Val, said to me, "I can't believe you are turning 50. I thought you were in your 30's" I said thank you and then he turned to my son Adam and said "It is okay to lie sometimes". He is very funny. He sings in the Philippino Priest Choir. They have a concert at my church in August and I am going to be the guest entertainer.

After mass, we rushed home to eat quickly and head out to Disney for Lexi's 11th birthday. Her birthday is on Tuesday but my boys will all be working and her wish this year was to have a family day at Disney. So today was the day. We all left the house at 9:00, thanks to Luerne, we were signed into the Animal Kingdom by 9:45 and on our first ride by 10:00. There was a plan for the day. What rides, in what order and who she was going to sit next to on the rides. Poor Karen hates rides and when we were on one ride, she was off getting fast passes for the next ride. God Bless her!!!! It was so hot today and it never rained. We did quite a bit in the Animal Kingdom and then it was off to the Magic Kingdom to do the same. We got there at about 2:30 and the lines were a bit longer there. Still we were able to complete Lexi's list and we were back in the car by 6:00.

I have to say I am so glad that people love that whole theme park experience as it has kept me employed for all of these years but.......OMG!!!! How do people do that and think it is fun. I have to say this was my very first time in the 28 years I have worked here that I ever spent the whole day in the park as a guest. Usually I go around a bit but have to go do a show that the people I am with come and watch. I was miserable. Plus I had to pretend for Lexi that I was having fun. I don't ever think I could do that again. It is a wonder I am still awake now. Plus, I got in for free. People usually pay for that. If I ever do it again, I would have to be paid to do it.

We got home and ordered Chinese food and then Lexi opened her brothers gifts. We jumped in the pool just to cool of and now I am off to bed. Lexi lost a tooth today, before we went into Disney. So the tooth fairy will be visiting our house. She hopes it is the Rock. (he was in the movie "Tooth Fairy" in case you did not know) A few more still need to fall out before she gets braces. Well, off to bed. My quote for the day made me laugh because, I thought it was so......

“Nothing is miserable unless you think it is so”

Boethius quote

No comments:

Post a Comment