Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Days 87,88,89 and 90

I have been so bad. Tired from the show, company and work. I am so sorry. I had family arrive on Sunday night and I did not get to bed until 2:00am. Then Monday I woke up at 6:20 and I do every year on my birthday (that was the time I was born) crazy right? Of course Monday was the big show and I did not get to bed until 2:00am and was up early again because of company. Then last night I was up until midnight answering emails that I had neglected for 2 days and today I am so tired but I am writing.

Sunday, I mowed my lawn and noticed that I forgot to plant flowers in the front of my house. So I ran to Lowes to get some and on my way, was in company / show mode and ran a stop sign. I got pulled over. When the officer came to my window, I said," I ran that stop sign didn't I"? He said "Yes you did". So I took out a poster of my show and said, " I am so sorry, that is not like me at all. I turn 50 tomorrow and I am doing a benefit show for the JDRF." Looking totally un impressed, he took my license and registration. He came back 5 minutes later with..... a warning!!! He said, "You turn half a century tomorrow, I don't want to add to your stress level". I looked at his badge and said, "Thank you officer Wood. By the way, would you like to hang a poster for my show in your police base?" He just smiled and walked away. I love officer Wood!!!

Got my flowers planted and lawn mowed and then company came. They ate, went swimming and I worked with my life saver Lin for the next 7 hours in my office making cue sheets for my show.

Monday, woke up and went to the gym. Was home early to get a few things sorted out. Went to pick up my mic stands and the high school I was borrowing from was closed. I called the principal and he thought it was the next night and I was out of luck. My friend Rhonda came through for me and got someone out at Disney to call some one and loan us the stands. Got to the venue at 2:00 and was non stop until the show ended. What a great night. I was so pleased at how everything went. When people were thanking me for letting them be in the show, I was taken back. Everyone did me such a huge favor and here they are thanking me!! Wow. We raised a little over $4000.00 for the JDRF. I was hoping for 5 thousand and it still might get there. Some people were prepared for credit card donations, but there was no way, so they took the business card from the JDRF lady and said they would mail in a donation. After the show, we partied at my house till 2.

Tuesday was picking up spotlights and returning them as well as the mic stands and costumes I had borrowed. Then straight to work. My sisters left but my Mother is staying until Sunday. When I got to my email there were so many and most of them about the show. I was in awe at the notes that people sent. Just an amazing experience.

Wednesday was the gym, taking my mother to the Silver Sneakers class and then off to work. I dropped my mother off in Celebration at a family friends house who is watching her 95 year old uncle. I was hoping for a love connection, but no such luck. They guy is great but he is a Red Sox fan and my mom is a Yankee fan. It would never work. Dang!!!! So now you are all caught up. I am going to bed and leaving you with this quote that I live by:

“Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.”

John Wesley quote

No comments:

Post a Comment