Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Days 82 and 83

So yesterday was Lexi's 11th birthday and I forgot to blog. For anyone who is still reading, I am so very sorry. What a busy couple of days. We woke up early to start our day on Tuesday. Lexi opened her presents before breakfast. I remember being a kid and wanting nothing more than to open gifts first thing in the morning. She was very excited with everything she got. So many outfits from her favorite store, Justice, and an Ipod Touch. She immediately charged it, synced it to her itunes and started downloading all of the apps that I have on mine. That kept her busy for quite some time. We then took her and some friends to see the movie "Marmaduke". I have to say it was very cute. I really enjoyed it.......if talking animals is your thing, and when you have kids, talking animals becomes your thing. After the movie, they all came back to swim. I had to go to work so that I could pay for the Ipod Touch.

Well all met back home at about 8:00, Lexi from dance and me from work, and I was beat. We did our best to stay awake and make the day really special and Lexi said it was a great birthday. She loved her gifts and her day with her brothers on Sunday and her day with her friends. So it was successful and I passed out.

I got up early today, put my bike in my mustang and drove the the dealership to get my last free tune up. It is free for 100,000 miles and I have 99,989 miles. There was no way I was missing the last free one. Everything was great on the car except I need 4 new tires which will cost $1000.00. So needless to say, the car will be living in my garage for quite some time. They say they are in the danger zone. The reason I took my bike there was I left the car to be tuned up and drove my bike home. About a 12.5 mile ride. When I got home, Karen took me to pick up my truck which was at a place having the air fixed. When it rains it pours. I got my truck and went to the gym and then home to mow and edge and trim bushes. My mother and sisters arrive on Sunday and I want everything to look great.

I took today off from work because I have so much to do with my show. I had to get my hair cut, rehearse with dancers out in Cleremont, then to Disney to rehearse with the Kids of the Kingdom. Wow, what a great reunion it was. Everyone looks great and as soon as the music started, we all just did the choreography like we did the show yesterday. We stumbled a bit at the end but all in all we were done in less than an hour and most of that time was taken up with talking an laughing. What a great group of people. Then the girls from Nemo came by and rehearsed the opening. It is going to be so darn cute. Alex did a great job and Serena and Melanie are so wonderful.

So now I am home to get caught up with life and write this blog. Again I am so thankful to those who are helping with the show and those who are my friends and of course to all of you readers......Until we meet again, I will say goodnight.

I feel a very unusual sensation - if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude. ~Benjamin Disraeli

No comments:

Post a Comment