Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 76

Every time I see the number 76 I think of my Dad singing "76 Trombones" in a church show. He was so good. I miss him.

Today I got up early to mow my lawn but the grass was too wet, so I went to the gym and then came back to mow it before I had to go to work. Lexi was hoping that I would finish the lawn in time to jump in the pool and I did. I tell you, the swim after mowing the lawn on a hot day, makes me so glad that I got the pool. The water was a perfect 84 degrees (still too cold for Karen) and it was so refreshing. I was able to swim for about 20 minutes before I had to get out and get ready for work.

I did 3 shows today at Nemo and it was a very good day there. One show as Gil the other two as Mr. Ray. When we were learning the show and it was all new, we were in rehearsals and the music director asked for all of the principals to stand to sing. So the Nemo's, Dory's and Marlin's all stood as did I. Juan tapped me on the back and said, "Billy, your not a principal!!" I said " Of course I am" and then the music director said " No your not". I was devastated. I did not know that I was not a principal. I had a character I was doing, I had lines, I had a solo, the show goes down if my part is not there, why am I not a principal? Everyone got a good laugh out of it and we moved on. Tonight after the last show, the principals had a rehearsal they called a "Principal Mixer". Well as I was driving home, I see Juan behind me going home as well. My phone rings and it was Juan, he said "Why aren't you at the principal mixer? You are a principal....right?" I laughed so hard. Very funny.

I got home and Karen was cleaning the house, she screamed at me not to walk on the kitchen floor with my shoes. YIKES!!! I went upstairs and checked my 24 emails. I also had to try and find a piano replacement for my show. The guy that was going to do it had to drop out. I called Carol Stein and I pray she will be able to. She is going to come over and play for our rehearsal tomorrow night with the Top of the World folks. I am so excited about this. Carol is such a brilliant pianist and a great woman.

After dealing that, I put some more video's on my computer for my last appointment before my show. They will help me put the whole thing together and it will be done. Only a week and a half left and so much to do. Now it is bed time and I am so ready to get some sleep. My leg feels great, all is well with the world and I am happily working and keeping myself busy. What more can anyone ask for:

No comments:

Post a Comment