Saturday, June 12, 2010

Days 85 and 86

Yesterday was Karen and mine's 27th Wedding Anniversary. Busy busy with gym, work, picking up costumes, buying stools, picking up and dropping off spot lights. But when I finally made it home, we got ready and went to dinner. We went to the "Big Fin" out on Sandlake road in that new complex. We had our choice of many restaurants but chose sea food. Did we make the wrong choice. I asked the girl who sat us what the most popular item on the menu was and she said the swordfish. She explained how tasty and moist it was. When our waiter came I asked the same question, he gave the same answer. I was sold. We got an appetizer that sounded great on the menu but it was just okay....too much bread. Our meal came and as soon as I put my fork in the sword fish I knew it was cooked too much. It was dry and really bad. The waiter saw the face I made and came over and said "that was not a good face" I explained how dry it was and he asked me to try the center of the fish. Still dry!!! He took it back, very reluctantly as he said no one has ever sent it back, it is the chefs pride and joy and he could not believe that I thought it was bad.

Not 2 minutes later the owner was at our table asking what was wrong. He too was shocked and again repeated that I was the first to ever send it back. I ordered something else but Karen already had her food and my meal took about 15 minutes to get to me. It was much better but not great. All of the employees would walk by, stare and even point. I was the guy who did not like the swordfish. I hope the chef did not have a nervous breakdown. They offered us free dessert but we declined as nothing really looked good. We got in the car and had every intention of going to a movie. We were both so tired that we headed home. We stopped at Twisty Treat for a fat free sugar free ice cream then went home to bed.

Today I got up early to gym it then do all of my pool maintenance. Pinch a Penny and making my water just perfect. Sheila came over to go through the show and transitions and after she left it was time to get ready for church. I sang the song "I Will Rise" by Chris Tomlinson. Great song and it went well. Then we came home and ate a rubbery pork roast that we got at B.J's. and began cleaning more for our company tomorrow. So now it is after 1, my boys are watching Shutter Island, Karen just went to bed and that is where I am headed. So I have come to the conclusion until tomorrow:

A conclusion is the place where you got tired thinking.
Martin Henry Fischer


No comments:

Post a Comment